Pay-per-click (PPC) is one of the most effective Internet marketing channels. It enables you to reach targeted Web traffic. So, how do you ensure you have a solid PPC strategy?
Once you embark on a PPC campaign, measure the campaign’s success by setting up metrics. You first should establish baselines and goals if you are to measure the success of the PPC strategy. It is important that you do comprehensive research to establish what the break-even point is. The greatest merit of knowing the break-even point is that you will be able to determine the cost-per-click (cost-per-conversion) that is acceptable.
If each sale brings you $50 and your conversion rate is 2%, this means for every 100 visitors, there will be 2 sales. With these statistics, you can afford an expenditure of $100 (which translates into $1 per click) for every 100 clicks if you want to break even. If you are able to accurately estimate the conversion rate, you will be able to determine what you can afford for each click.
Another way to enhance your PPC strategy is having deep knowledge of your target market. Pay Per Click advertising allows you to reach a targeted market since you get to decide where your ads will be placed. If you understand your target market, you will save on your PPC marketing costs. To understand your target market, do thorough market research. An example of what you can do during research is trying to determine the time most people in your demographic and in a particular region shop. This way, you will be able to turn off your PPC campaign when you are unlikely to reach your target market. There are several tools for making this determination.
Do ad testing and tracking to know how your ads are doing. Do a spit test on your ads. Once you have determined what the well performing ads are, remove the old ones, and write new ads to try to beat the ones that are working. By incrementally improving the quality of your ads, you will also be incrementally improving your CTR (click-through ratio). Take time to research keywords that are related to your niche and keep in touch with the latest trends.
For proper PPC campaign management, make a good plan and set up the ad groups you will use properly. When doing keyword research, group keywords that are related into different ad groups. After this, have a separate ad for each of the ad groups. Note that targeted ads will lead to a good quality score and a good quality score means lower bids.
Fight the temptation to compare yourself with the competition. Focus on improving your actions since you will get progressively better results and there is nothing much you can do about your competitors’ PPC campaigns. There are many online resources that will give you valuable tips on how to get the best from your PPC campaign. Create a budget for continual education. Ecommerce PPC advertising in particular has a steep learning curve and you should, therefore, not expect instant results. Once you master proven PPC techniques, driving targeted Web traffic to your website will be a walk in the park.continue...
Whether you've started a PPC advertising campaign or provide PPC campaign management services, the learning never stops. In addition to new changes and features constantly rolling-out, PPC advertising is constant endeavor or refinement and optimization.
In this article, we share with your seven simple PPC advertising tips that can make PPC campaign management more efficient. These PPC tips will help to improve keyword quality score, conversion rates, click-through rates, and all while minimizing ad spend.
1. Modify PPC campaign settings: On the network settings, choose either search or display. On the part of devices, select the mobile traffic, which is way cheaper than selecting the option for desktop and laptop computers. On the ad rotation settings, start off by rotating your ads evenly. This will ensure that all your ads are tested before any of them is left out.
2. Obtain a specific PPC advertising theme: Additionally, be very specific on the theme you prefer by selecting ad groups and keywords, which are closely related to each other. Instead of setting very broad terms, split the keyword into more specific terms then use different ad groups with even more specific keywords. Use different variations of certain keywords like dinner clothes, clothes for dinner etc.
3. Make use of the right PPC landing pages: Always direct a user to the specific page that contains the information that was keyed in. For instance, if your website is dealing with shoes and clothes but the user was specifically looking for shoes, why would you direct this visitor to your homepage? Leading the user to the right path increases the rate of conversion and is an essential practice for PPC campaign management.
4. Get the most returns for your ad spend: There are basically three match types of ad words, the exact match, broad match and phrase match. You should bid on keywords based on their match type and the volume of traffic they are likely to attract. For instance, the broad match is likely to attract high traffic but a high number of this will not be relevant. On the other hand, the exact match type represents the keyword that is specific to your product and is likely to experience the least traffic. However, there are high chances that this kind of traffic is highly relevant and will convert. For this reason, you should pay more for such clicks.
5. Experiment with placements in the SERP: You must not always assume that your conversion rates will be high when your site is at the very top of the SERP. Just take your time to figure out at which position your conversion rates are the highest and make the necessary changes. Companies that provide PPC campaign management services often times utilize software to help with these techniques, such as Wordstream.
6. Focus on the dimensions tab: This tab gives you vital information that you can use to better your campaign. For instance, you can cut down on the cost of PPC by turning off your ads during times when there is no conversion. You can use dimensions to understand when your users are likely to convert so that you can only spend your money on ads at this time.
7. Always check your PPC campaign performance and test new keywords: Make sure you keep reviewing your account’s performance to ensure that you are doing your best. You can even add new keywords and landing pages from time to time to see if they will have an impact on your conversion rates.
Do you have other tips for efficient PPC campaign management? Please share them in the comments section below!continue...
Enough has been written in Pay Per Click (PPC) and SEM, as more and more companies struggle to find their footing in an ever shifting paid search environment as Google’s Adwords platform continues to change the rules of the game.
As the leaders of the paid search arena, Google strives to increase revenues and user experience by introducing new services and features of their Adwords program such as the inclusion of dynamic ads and/or ad extensions.
Paid search campaigns are constantly moving and need regular attention to manage effectively. Pay Per Click advertising managers strive to optimize their clients' PPC campaigns by managing their KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators), namely Click Through Rates (CTRs), quality score, Conversion rates, and ad spend ROI ultimately determine the success of an Adwords PPC campaign.
Strategies and approaches differ from PPC expert to expert, as some assert the importance of a manual bidding strategy while others back a click value approach and thus shuttering the hopes of a clear and forward consensus on the matter.
Keyword match types, ad scheduling and even targeting play huge roles in PPC marketing campaigns, but another major common mistake are the general benchmarks set up by individual firms and companies. Sure a 6% CTR will be more appealing than 3%, but depending on the industry and competition level, how can you accurately determine the overall health of a campaign?
KPI Benchmarks differ widely between industries and this is a fact that often tends to be overlooked. You shouldn't compare KPI’s across different industries as this will only hinder the understanding of the market, the public and ultimately the campaign.
To further illustrate this point, lets take the commercial beverages industry versus the hospitality industry as two completely different industries with two entirely different target audiences who have different buying expectations. CTRs, traffic, and conversions may be substantially higher for the hospitality industry because of the nature of how users search and purchase hotel rooms, vacation trips, airline tickets, etc., online.
Meanwhile, for the wholesale/commercial beverages industry for restaurants, hotels, convenience stores, etc., the terrain is slightly diverse as people would rather deal with actual sellers and are reluctant to purchase these products online.
You can further refine your campaign performance with metrics found in Google Analytics. Metrics such as bounce rates, average time on site, the number of pages visited, and those who convert in the goal conversion funnel can paint you a clearer picture of how well the PPC campaign is performing.
Analyzing these metrics also allows you to make informed decisions on modifications that need to be made to your PPC campaigns to maximize performance by negating keywords that aren't proving to be profitable, updating ad copy, modifying your geographic targets, or decreasing your bid amounts on certain devices.
All in all, the current framework provides marketers with a wide array of resources; the results vary in their interpretation of those KPI’s and their PPC strategies.continue...
Ecommerce news and information about E-marketing, social media, and more.YisooTraining.com
An online training course platform that features hands-on learning modules in Google Ads, SEO, and more.
The direct link to Yisoo Training's Google Ads online course, a great value for beginner and advanced advertisers.
Company offering SEO and Internet Marketing services for Ecommerce Websites.
Whether for large ecommerce websites or small business sites, here you can find solutions for SEO-friendly web design services.
Yes, also applicable to ecommerce stores, see local SEO strategies and news to help businesses craft successful Google Maps marketing campaigns.
Take your SEO and web marketing efforts to the next level with web presence optimization, and this profoundly awesome strategy guide.
A highly informative Squidoo lens that outlines 3 best practices techniques for "white hat" SEO link building for websites.
Explore a blog that is dedicated to righteous business practices. Find inspiring ideas, industry examples, and insights to improve your business.
More than just SEO, this website optimization company takes into consideration the critical elements that help to convert users after they land on your webpages.
Learn SEO copywriting tips for ecommerce sites. Ensure your product pages are keyword relevant and compelling to customers.
Know these strategies for Pay Per Click advertising and PPC optimization. They are highly valuable for ecommerce marketers.
This is a great article on what to consider when shopping for a SEO specialist or website optimization company.
The ultimate how-to guide on doing local SEO, specifically if you operate a northern Michigan business
Find information, resources, and services for ecommerce search engine optimization, such as link building, content marketing, and more.
This is a great article that provides tips for small business ecommerce sites trying to compete with big-budget goliaths.
Awesome blog that shares tips, strategies, and resources on SEO and website optimization
A great blog dedicated to sharing SEO tips and strategy insights specifically for ecommerce sites.
An insightful blog that offers creative ideas for entrepreneurs and business owners.
Personal SEO Blog with Tips, Strategies and Insights on All things related to SEO.