If you want your ecommerce website to get ranked in the search engine results on a certain keyword phrase, on-page search engine optimization is a must. On-page SEO refers to the keyword optimization that is performed on the website itself, primary through its content.
The three content elements on a webpage that are most important for SEO are the Page Title, Meta Description, and On-Page Copy, or visible text. These elements are crucial when optimizing product pages or category pages for ecommerce SEO.
In this post, we are going to share with you some best practices tips for on-page SEO via these three content elements.
The page title tag refers to the title or 'main subject' of a site. It is the hyperlink that shows up in the SERP (search engine results page), just above the Meta description and the URL of the webpage. Page titles are also important because they inform users of the content that they will see on the website once they visit it.
For SEO, the page title is one of the major factors of establishing keyword relevancy for a webpage. It is thus important to write a well balanced page title that is both keyword friendly and user friendly. Below we outline several rules of thumb to follow when writing well optimized page titles.
1. Ensure that the title for each webpage is unique. On many ecommerce sites, particularly those on content management systems (CMS), it is easy to have automatically generated page titles that are consistent across the site. Be sure to customize and keyword optimized each page title for its respective webpage.
2. Use title tag to accurately describe the content of the webpage. This gives search engine users an honest idea of what the page is about, and is one of the reasons why a unique page title is key.
3. It is recommended that the page titles are somewhere between 60 and 70 characters long. Most search engine like Google will only display some many characters, so keep your titles tight and to the point.
4. In the title tag, always include the exact phrase match of your primary keyword target for that page, and as early as possible. This is very important for SEO and will maximize your potential to rank in the search results.
5. When separating keywords or phrasing in the page title, use basic characters like commas, hyphens, or clean pipes ('|') - avoid using special characters that can waste character space.
Meta descriptions are short website summaries showing up below hyperlinked titles in SERPs. Meta descriptions simply describe webpages by embellishing a bit on what the title is about. Meta descriptions, like page titles, are not visible on the actual page, however they are still a very important element for on-page SEO.
Meta descriptions are important because they help to tell visitors a little more of what a page is about. A good Meta description is is informative, expresses value, and will often times include a call to action. Below are some best practices tips while writing solid Meta descriptions with SEO in mind.
1. It is recommended that your Meta description are between 150 and 200 characters long. Stick to around 150 characters because Google and other search engine will only display about 160 characters.
2. Be creative and compelling with you descriptions. Include action words (call to actions) and really promote what is unique about this page (or product). Do you offer free shipping or any special promotions?
3. Like page titles, use your primary keyword target early in the Meta description. If you have room, try using a secondary keyword variation towards the end, but do this respectively and avoid keyword stuffing.
The on-page copy is what users read while browsing your webpages. It is thus important that your copy is unique and valuable to users. Writing fluff, generic copy will only diminish the quality of your website.
Writing well-optimizing copy is not easy. It is typically a balancing act of including some instances of your keyword targets, while still expressing creativity, value, and compelling users to take action. Not all of us are professional SEO copywriters, but there are a few key tips to keep in mind while writing on-page copy for SEO.
1. Strong tag (not bold) your keywords to let search engine spiders know that this specific phrase is a bit more important than others.
2. Use other content styling attributes like italics or underlining to express emphasis in you text. Whether your keywords are involved or not, these elements offer users a bit more stimulation when reading your site's copy.
3. Use blend of different headers. That is, logically make use of H1's, H2's, and H3's throughout your pages. Think of H1's as the primary title of a page, while h2's and h3's are supportive sub-headers. Include your keywords in these headers respectively.
4. Include your primary keyword target at least once or twice in the page copy. You do not need to keyword stuff, but mentioning your keyword target in the fist few lines of text is essential of SEO.
5. Depending on the nature of you page, try to write at least 200 words or more of content. The more valuable content you can offer on you pages, typically the more respect you'll gain from the search engines.
Well future optimizers, there you have it - A starter's guide to on-page website optimization. If you have any other ideas to share, we'd love to hear about them in the comments section below.continue...
Search marketing professionals and SEO companies must know very well the importance of link anchor text. This is because Google is up to the neck for sites that do not have natural keyword optimized text. This includes both outbound as well as inbound links.
When it comes to SEO, it is important that you keep it natural when it comes to the content on your website. You may find it hard to get content that is required. This is because of being busy our lacking topics. This is where a search engine optimization company comes in. The million dollar question is how to come up with relevant keyword when you have to maintain natural anchor text.
It is also important that you know the premise of occurrence. This will help you in getting great search engine content for your website. So how does co-occurrence help in having great content? Co-occurrence started back in 2012. It was Rand Fishkin who mentioned it while doing a Whiteboard Friday presentation. He mentioned a number of websites that did not have the best content.
He tries to prove that these websites were ranked highly with competitive keywords. However, these websites were still ranking highly in search engines. The thing is that these websites had anchor text that was not keyword optimized. This is a new way in which Google can recognize the websites.
What could have led to these websites to rank highly? Co-occurrence is what happened. This is when a number of words that surround a link make it popular. For instance, if the articles mention mobile phones about six times in one paragraph. This will make it look like a keyword that is relevant. This is because of the co-occurrence of that phrase. It will make your website search engine friendly.
If you want to re-define your SEO best practices, then it is important that you keep co-occurrence at the top of your list. This will ensure the effectiveness of your website. When it comes to Search engine optimization; it is important that you get an expert who will provide you with great content.
It is becoming survival of the fittest for the websites that are competing for rankings via SEO. It is only those companies that meet the standards needed by Google that will emerge on top.
There are different ways that you can use for your website to rank highly in Google search engines. Co-occurrence is a new method that is used by smart SEO companies. You should make sure that you adopt the most used method so that you can get visitors to your website.
This is the next big thing. Co-occurrence is a language that Google can easily understand. It is all that you need if you want to rank highly. Manipulating anchor text is now gaining a lot of popularity when it comes to improving search engines. However, one thing that you have to keep in mind is that you should always target your audience when writing content. This will ensure that you get a lot of visitors on a daily basis.continue...
Ecommerce news and information about E-marketing, social media, and more.
Company offering SEO and Internet Marketing services for Ecommerce Websites.
Whether for large ecommerce websites or small business sites, here you can find solutions for SEO-friendly web design services.
Yes, also applicable to ecommerce stores, see local SEO strategies and news to help businesses craft successful Google Maps marketing campaigns.
Take your SEO and web marketing efforts to the next level with web presence optimization, and this profoundly awesome strategy guide.
A highly informative Squidoo lens that outlines 3 best practices techniques for "white hat" SEO link building for websites.
Explore a blog that is dedicated to righteous business practices. Find inspiring ideas, industry examples, and insights to improve your business.
More than just SEO, this website optimization company takes into consideration the critical elements that help to convert users after they land on your webpages.
Learn SEO copywriting tips for ecommerce sites. Ensure your product pages are keyword relevant and compelling to customers.
Know these strategies for Pay Per Click advertising and PPC optimization. They are highly valuable for ecommerce marketers.
This is a great article on what to consider when shopping for a SEO specialist or website optimization company.
The ultimate how-to guide on doing local SEO, specifically if you operate a northern Michigan business
Find information, resources, and services for ecommerce search engine optimization, such as link building, content marketing, and more.
This is a great article that provides tips for small business ecommerce sites trying to compete with big-budget goliaths.
Awesome blog that shares tips, strategies, and resources on SEO and website optimization
A great blog dedicated to sharing SEO tips and strategy insights specifically for ecommerce sites.
An insightful blog that offers creative ideas for entrepreneurs and business owners.
Personal SEO Blog with Tips, Strategies and Insights on All things related to SEO.