Many ecommerce businesses are struggling with PPC campaigns as a result of making some major mistakes over and over again. The good thing is that, once they learn from their mistakes, they are able to see the fruits of their ecommerce PPC efforts.
To better improve your ecommerce site's PPC efforts, consider the following 5 mistakes made in PPC advertising and how to make things right for your business.
1. Forcing visitors to your homepage first: Ecommerce PPC ads should be able to send visitors to the relevant pages they searched for. Many people always create links which send visitors directly to the homepage. This forces them to navigate around for the kind of service or product that they were searching for. Unfortunately, most people do not have the patience to do this and will likely click off if they do not see what they were searching for immediately. For this reason, make sure that when visitors search for a specific service or product you offer, you send them right to the page where you discuss this product or service of interest instead of the homepage.
2. Disregarding negative keywords by using too many broad match keywords: Many people use the broad match keywords because it is no secret that they yield a high ROI. However, one strategy that can come in handy is having a list of negative keywords as well. Make use of negative keywords and a good number of exact match keywords as well. This will yield better PPC campaign management benefits as opposed to having only the broad match keywords.
3. Repeating the content in the description and headline: Many people do not realize that saying the same thing on the headline and description is a simple waste of space. The headline and description always work together. For this reason, you must not repeat information about your PPC ad on both no matter how tempting it might seem. If something is already highlighted on the headline then do not repeat it on the description.
4. Overlooking the testing procedures: Many companies ignore testing due to a number of reasons. Testing is a very critical aspect of any ecommerce PPC campaign. It must be considered before the PPC campaign even begins. Look at the testing tools available and choose one that is appropriate for your business. However, avoid running too many tests concurrently. This will only create confusion and become a waste of time.
5. Ignoring your competition: Whoever said that you should keep your friends close and your enemies even closer was right. In you ecommerce PPC efforts your competition is of extreme importance since you need to know what you are up against. You need to analyze their ads from time to time so that you can look at the features which will give you a better chance of getting more clicks. For instance, if your competitor’s ads are conveying a message of cheap products and services then aim at making your own target consumers in this manner as well. In summary, mistakes in ecommerce PPC advertising are common and you only need to acknowledge then learn from them.
Do you have any PPC optimization tips that you'd like to share? Let us know in the comments section below.continue...
Many ecommerce marketers are on the fence about whether or not Google+ is worth pursuing. Not only is adding another social media network to mix added work, but Google+ is in its early stages, and many are hesitant to jump on board.
The fact of the matter is, Google+ is growing fast and is projected to be the next biggest social media network. In addition to that, Google+ is directly tied to Google Search. So as you begin to accumulate followers, the content you share can actually influence you follower's search engine results (when the keyword query is relevant to your posts.) This underscores Google's revolutionary model of Search Plus Your World.
* Social Signals Impact SEO – Now more than ever, social media signals (Google +1's, Facebook Likes, LinkedIn Shares, etc.) are influencing to search engine rankings. By integrating Google+ icons on your website, you can promote your company's ecommerce SEO efforts. Of course, this will be enhanced when you create awesome content that's well liked among your target audience.
* Gain Natural Inbound Traffic – Similar to Facebook and Twitter, the idea for ecommerce marketers is direct traffic to the website. This is otherwise known as inbound marketing, and it's a perfectly natural way to gain more visitors to your website. Again, this hinges on the type and quality of content you share on Google+.
* Be an Early Adopter – Because Google+ is relatively new amongst the social media options out there, your ecommerce brand can gain momentum by being an early adopter. In short, first generation Google+ users will be authority figures. How you might ask? Like mentioned above, you Google+ social activity can influence the search engine results of your followers, which is huge! Additionally, your website itself gains an extra level of credibility based on the fact that your Google+ page links to your website.
This is just the tip of the iceberg. Google+ offers so many different ways in which ecommerce brands can promote their products and connect with new customers, while retaining the loyalty of existing customers. From "Hangouts" to content marketing, the creative possibilities are virtually endless.
Are you using Google+ for you ecommerce store? What strategies are you employing to build your brand and customer base?continue...
No matter what type of ecommerce business you run, if you are seeking to increase your web presence then you probably know the potential that search engine optimization (SEO) has to offer.
A common misconception that people have about SEO is that the content of your website must include many instances of you keyword target in the copy, as well as select off-page SEO element. However, the tables have turned in SEO.
Now your content must be of top quality, with the intention to inform and educate your visitors. The truth of the matter is that the content of your ecommerce website must convert the visitor after they landed on the page. This also known as conversion rate optimization, and it's a critical element of website optimization.
So how can you scribe superior content while ensuring that it's search engine optimized?
The first main point to keep in mind is empathy. Empathy is putting yourself in the shoes of your target visitor and understanding what motives he or she has when visiting your website. Knowing the common perspective of your ecommerce marketing will help you tailor effective content that helps to convert users.
It is however important to include your keyword targets, respectively, for successful search engine optimization. Therefore, it can be quite easy to lose track of your readers while you are trying to ensure that you are including the right terms and phrasing.
Relax. Nowadays keyword density is not that important, so long as you use your keyword targets a few times in the body copy, as well as the page title and meta data. Just write naturally and include your keyword targets when they make sense.
So what are some of the tips that you can use when it comes to keeping your readers in mind?
1. Be brief. Do not let your content ramble on. Instead, let it comprise of short paragraphs that will take a short time to read.
2. Use headings and sub titles. Break up the content with headings and sub topics so that the reader can scheme through and get a general idea of what the content is about.
3. Have a call to action. It is not merely about filling up the website with creative and fresh content, you should also request a call to action from the readers so that they can buy your products.
4. You should keep in mind that the main aim of website optimization is not simply to get higher search rankings and boost traffic. The main aim is to try and convert this traffic into sales so as to boost your business’s profits. A website that is not interactive or one that is not user friendly will not be able to accomplish this.
5. Be selective with keywords. Keywords are vital for search engine optimization. If you would like your site to be relevant, the content it has should contain the keywords people are searching for. However, do not overstuff the content with keywords. Too many keywords and placing them without any regard to the continuity of the content will raise flags within the search engine and could result in your website being banned. Let the keywords flow naturally.
6. Explain what your business entails. You cannot sell products or services if your target demographic does not understand what they are buying. Be explicit as possible about what your business is about even including your vision as well as mission statement. The more your target audience understands about you, the higher the chances they will trust you enough to buy your products.
To learn more about balancing content with SEO and other social elements, visit this page from our Illinois SEO writers.continue...
If you have an ecommerce business, you're probably well aware of the benefits that search engine optimization (SEO) services have to offer.
However in today's ever-changing digital age, it's extremely important to choose the right provider of ecommerce SEO services. In short, some ecommerce SEO's employ unethical tactics that are risky to a website's search engine rankings.
In this blog post, we'll underscore some of the qualities that you should be aware of when seeking professional SEO services for your ecommerce site.
There's a number of SEO companies out there that guarantee their clients will attain top search engine rankings. You should be very cautious of these services because rankings, although sometimes predictable, are in full control of the search engine. With that said, it's almost impossible to guarantee long-term results.
In addition, ecommerce SEO is often times a highly competitive subset to search engine optimization. There's no telling what competitors might arise or which competitors might take action to outrank your site. Regardless of how good a company claims there SEO services to be, promoting guaranteed rankings should raise a red flag.
Whether via Google or Bing, one thing that's for certain is that search engine change constantly, and keeping up with those changes is a diligent job. Google's policies as well as its search engine algorithm changes frequently to best ensure quality results to its users. As a result, quality ecommerce SEO services will account for the ongoing updates to ensure clients sustain top search exposure.
If a company is offering a hit-and-run ecommerce SEO package, they're probably only going to perform on-site SEO work. On-site SEO is only a fraction of the pie. Now more than ever, ecommerce stores need to reach out, get social, and promote quality content. In short, the rules of SEO have changed. Off-site SEO contributes to a majority of the ranking algorithm. This includes link popularity, social signals, and other off-site factors.
If you're on the hunt for ecommerce SEO services, we strongly suggest reading this great article that offers insights on what to ask your prospective SEO provider. Asking the right questions can reveal a wealth of information in regards to how effective a company is at getting your ecommerce site ranked in the search engine results.continue...
Ecommerce news and information about E-marketing, social media, and more.YisooTraining.com
An online training course platform that features hands-on learning modules in Google Ads, SEO, and more.
The direct link to Yisoo Training's Google Ads online course, a great value for beginner and advanced advertisers.
Company offering SEO and Internet Marketing services for Ecommerce Websites.
Whether for large ecommerce websites or small business sites, here you can find solutions for SEO-friendly web design services.
Yes, also applicable to ecommerce stores, see local SEO strategies and news to help businesses craft successful Google Maps marketing campaigns.
Take your SEO and web marketing efforts to the next level with web presence optimization, and this profoundly awesome strategy guide.
A highly informative Squidoo lens that outlines 3 best practices techniques for "white hat" SEO link building for websites.
Explore a blog that is dedicated to righteous business practices. Find inspiring ideas, industry examples, and insights to improve your business.
More than just SEO, this website optimization company takes into consideration the critical elements that help to convert users after they land on your webpages.
Learn SEO copywriting tips for ecommerce sites. Ensure your product pages are keyword relevant and compelling to customers.
Know these strategies for Pay Per Click advertising and PPC optimization. They are highly valuable for ecommerce marketers.
This is a great article on what to consider when shopping for a SEO specialist or website optimization company.
The ultimate how-to guide on doing local SEO, specifically if you operate a northern Michigan business
Find information, resources, and services for ecommerce search engine optimization, such as link building, content marketing, and more.
This is a great article that provides tips for small business ecommerce sites trying to compete with big-budget goliaths.
Awesome blog that shares tips, strategies, and resources on SEO and website optimization
A great blog dedicated to sharing SEO tips and strategy insights specifically for ecommerce sites.
An insightful blog that offers creative ideas for entrepreneurs and business owners.
Personal SEO Blog with Tips, Strategies and Insights on All things related to SEO.